VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [V6.7]
This three-day course focuses on implementing and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware vSAN™ 6.7. Learn how vSAN functions as an important component of VMware’s software-defined data center. You gain hands-on experience with vSAN concepts by completing hands-on lab exercises.
The course includes educational laboratories in which each student will be able to work in order to complete training exercises that will provide practical experience in using the instrument, for each of the topics covered during the course.
Who should participate
Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSAN
This course requires the fulfillment of one of the following prerequisites:
- Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
- Understanding of the concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course .
- Command line experience is helpful.
The course material assumes that a student is able to perform the following tasks without assistance or guidance prior to enrolling in this course:
- Use VMware vSphere® Client
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts and virtual machines.
- Create and edit a standard switch
- Create and edit a distributed switch
- Connect a VMware ESXi™ host to NAS, iSCSI or Fiber Channel storage.
- Creare un datastore VMware vSphere® VMFS
- Use a wizard or template to create a virtual machine.
- Migrating a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®.
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®.