VMware End-User Computing: Design (en)
This five-day course presents a methodology for designing a VMware end-user computing (EUC) solution. The design methodology includes recommendations for the types of information and data that must be gathered and analyzed to make sound design decisions for the client systems, the desktop options, the VMware vSphere® infrastructure, VMware Horizon®, VMware Horizon® Cloud ServiceTM, VMware Workspace ONE® UEM, VMware Workspace ONE® AccessTM, VMware NSX-TTM, and VMware Unified Access GatewayTM. VMware best practices are presented for each phase of the design process. In this course, you apply your new knowledge by working with other participants to design a VMware EUC solution for a real-world project.
Category: VMware Horizon
• VMware Horizon 8 V2006
• VMware Workspace ONE
The course includes didactic workshops in which each student will be able to work for the purpose of completing formative exercises that will provide hands-on experience in the use of the instrument, for each of the topics covered during the course.
Operators, administrators, and architects for VMware Horizon should enroll in this course. These individuals are responsible for the creation, maintenance, and delivery of remote and virtual desktop services. Additional duties can include the implementation, support, and administration of an organization’s EUC infrastructure.
• Virtualized desktop implementation experience
• Microsoft Windows system administration experience: Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
• Understanding basic vSphere concepts
Completion of one of the following courses is recommended (or equivalent experience):
• VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage plus App Volumes Fast Track
• VMware Horizon Cloud Service: Deploy and Manage on Microsoft Azure
• VMware Workspace ONE: Deploy and Manage plus UEM Troubleshooting Fast Track [V21.x]