VMware Cloud Director: Advanced Networking with NSX-T Data Center [V10.2] (en)
This five-day, hands-on training course provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and tools to design and utilize a cloud solution based on VMware Cloud Director™. Besides learning about an advanced cloud architecture, you learn about the integration of VMware Cloud Director with the products VMware Cloud Director Availability™, VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™, VMware vRealize® Operations™ (including the Tenant App), VMware NSX-T® Data Center and VMware NSX® Advanced Load Balancer™ (Avi Networks). This course covers the migration from VMware NSX® for vSphere® (NSX-V) to VMware NSX-T® Data Center in a VMware Cloud Director environment. You learn about how the NSX Advanced Load Balancer can be used and integrated in a service provider environment and how to configure the load balancing services using VMware NSX-T Data Center. Besides the advanced know-how of the vRealize Operations Tenant App and Cloud Availability, the course also discusses the extensibility and orchestration of workflows in Cloud Director. For all the topics covered in the class, intensive hands-on labs will be taken by the students to provide proper insights into all the products.
Category: VMware Cloud
• VMware vSphere® 7.0 U1
• VMware Cloud Director 10.2.1
• VMware NSX-T Data Center 3.0.1
• VMware NSX Data Center for vSphere 6.4
• VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer 20.1.1
• VMware vRealize® Operations Manager™ 8.2
• VMware vRealize Operations Manager Tenant App 2.5
• VMware vCloud® Usage Meter™ 4.3
The course includes didactic workshops in which each student will be able to work for the purpose of completing formative exercises that will provide hands-on experience in the use of the instrument, for each of the topics covered during the course.
Service providers, cloud architects, systems engineers, data center administrators, and cloud administrators with experience in managed services or managing a service provider environment.
Completion of the following courses and equivalent knowledge is required:
• VMware Cloud Director: Install, Configure, Manage
• VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage
• Strong knowledge on NSX Data Center for vSphere
• Strong understanding in NSX Advanced Load Balancer
The following experience is helpful:
• Working at the Linux command line
• Substantial knowledge of general networking concepts