Kubernetes Fundamentals and Cluster Operations (en)
This course is the first step in learning container and Kubernetes fundamentals and cluster operations. Through a series of lectures and lab exercises, the fundamental concepts of containers and Kubernetes are presented and the containerization and deployment of a two-tier application in Kubernetes are put into practice.
Category : VMware Tanzu
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Build, test and publish Docker container images.
- Become familiar with the YAML files that define Kubernetes objects.
- Understand the core concepts of user-facing Kubernetes, including pods, services, and deployments.
- Use kubectl, the Kubernetes CLI, and familiarize yourself with its commands and options.
- Understand the Kubernetes architecture (control plane and its components, worker nodes and kubelets).
- Learn how to troubleshoot deployments on Kubernetes
- Apply resource requests, limits, and probes to deployments
- Manage dynamic application configuration using ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Deploy other workloads, including DaemonSets, Jobs, and CronJobs
- Learn about user-facing security using SecurityContext, RBAC, and NetworkPolicies.