VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage
VMware Horizon 8: Deploy and Manage is a five-day course that combines VMware Horizon 8: Skills for Virtual Desktop Management and VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration. This collection of training courses provides you with the practical skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. Acquired skills for configuring and managing VMware Horizon® 8 are developed through a combination of lectures and hands-on labs. You will learn how to configure and deploy virtual machine pools and provide a customized desktop environment for end users. Additionally, you will learn how to install and configure a virtual desktop infrastructure platform. You will learn how to install and configure VMware Horizon® Connection Server™,
The course includes educational laboratories in which each student will be able to work in order to complete training exercises that will provide practical experience in using the instrument, for each of the topics covered during the course.
Who should participate
VMware Horizon Level 1 Operators, Administrators, and Architects should enroll in this course. These people are responsible for building, maintaining and delivering remote and virtual desktop services. Other duties may include the implementation, support and administration of an organization’s end-user IT infrastructure.
Each participant in this course must possess at least the following skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the status of virtual machines, datastores and networks.
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and log into the guest operating system.
- Create snapshots of virtual machines
- Configure guest customization specifications
- Modify the properties of the virtual machine
- Convert a virtual machine to a template
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Participants should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization.
- Restrict user activity by implementing Group Policy Objects
- Configure Windows systems to enable remote desktop connections.
- Create an ODBC connection to a SQL Server database.