Transitioning to SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
This course is designed to introduce new features, functionality, and administration procedures for SUSE Linux Enterprise 15. Participants will learn how SLE 15 differs from previous versions of SUSE Linux Enterprise and how these changes will affect the way distributed and used. This course helps prepare students for the SLES 12-15 certification refresher exam.
Who should participate
This course is intended for SUSE Linux Enterprise administrators who have worked with previous versions; the main focus is the transition from SLE 12 to SLE 15.
This course is intended for students with prior SUSE Linux Enterprise Server experience equivalent to SLE201 SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Administration, although intermediate experience with any Linux distribution will suffice.
Objectives of the Course
Participants will be introduced to the following SLE 15 innovations:
- Changes to installation and AutoYaST
- Infrastructure changes, including chrony and firewalld
- Changes to the core Linux kernel, OpenSSL and libstorage
- Developer changes: SDK, GCC7 and scripting languages
- Further changes to the operating system
- Upgrade to SLE 15 from previous versions