SUSE Manager 4 Basic Operations
This course focuses on the types of day-to-day administrative tasks that SUSE Manager makes it easier to complete and track. The main topics that are covered in detail are the following:
- Explore the SUSE Manager Web Interface Management Console (SUMA)
- Implement channel management
- Delegate management authority to SUMA
- Manage Minions using Salt commands
- Perform common administrative tasks.
This course prepares students for the SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) certification exam in SUSE Manager 4.
CATEGORY: SUSE Manager
Who should participate
This course is aimed at:
- Server System Administrators who are tasked with managing servers on a daily basis and providing support.
- Senior System Administrators who are usually second or third level within their company and act as “team leaders” for Server System Administrators.
- Consultants who need to understand how SUSE Manager can significantly reduce the administrative burden of managing hundreds or even thousands of servers.
Participants must have the following experience and skills before participating in this course:
- Knowing how to install and configure SUMA servers and proxy servers. It is assumed that the participant is responsible for day-to-day management. However, detailed information on the installation and initial configuration of SUMA is presented in SMGR211v4: SUSE Manager 4 Deployment and Initial Configuration. Participation in the SMGR211v4 course is helpful, but not required to be successful in this course.
- Have at least one year of experience managing Linux operating systems.
- Be able to work with the Linux command line and use the vi editor.
- Understand how to manually install packages on SUSE Linux Enterprise servers.