Running Containers on Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
Amazon EKS makes it easy to run Kubernetes on AWS without having to install, manage, and maintain your own Kubernetes control plane. In this course, you will learn about container management and orchestration for Kubernetes using Amazon EKS.
You will build an Amazon EKS cluster, configure the environment, deploy the cluster, and add applications to your cluster. You will manage container images using Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR) and learn how to automate application deployment. You will distribute the applications using the CI/CD tools. You will learn how to monitor and scale your environment using metrics, logging, tracing and horizontal/vertical scaling. You will learn how to design and manage a large container environment, designing for efficiency, cost and resiliency. You will configure AWS networking services to support the cluster and learn how to secure your Amazon EKS environment.
Who should participate
This course is intended for those involved in managing container orchestration in the AWS Cloud, including:
- DevOps engineers
- System administrators
It is recommended that participants in this course have:
- Completed Introduction to Containers
- Completed Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) Primer
- Completed AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (or equivalent real-world experience)
- Basic experience in Linux administration
- Basic experience in network administration
- Basic knowledge of containers and microservices