VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage [V8.3]
This five-day course focuses on installing, configuring and managing VMware vRealize® Automation™. Learn how vRealize Automation can be used to automate the deployment of virtual machines, applications, and custom IT services across multiple data center and hybrid cloud environments.
The course explains how to manage both on-premise systems and cloud services. This course demonstrates how vRealize Automation Service Broker can aggregate content in native formats from multiple clouds and platforms into a common catalog.
The course also covers interfacing vRealize Automation with other systems using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ and how to use vRealize Automation to manage Kubernetes systems and leverage other systems. The course also covers integrating with Terraform and using SaltStack as a configuration management tool.
The course includes educational laboratories in which each student will be able to work in order to complete training exercises that will provide practical experience in using the instrument, for each of the topics covered during the course.
Who should participate
Experienced system administrators and system integrators responsible for designing and implementing vRealize Automation
This course is recommended if you want to obtain the following certification:
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCAP-DCV) Design
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
It is helpful to have experience working at the command line.
This course requires the student to be able to do the following without assistance or guidance before enrolling in the course:
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders.
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or template.
- Modify the hardware of a virtual machine
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®.
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®.
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster with resource pools.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
If you are unable to perform all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage.